I'm very proud and grateful of the work we did in the Assembly to help deliver for all Californians in need.
This budget also means a lot of investments for #AD63.
Over $270 million will be going to Southeast Los Angeles.
One of the biggest wins I'm most proud of is the $250 million going to rebuild Lynwood High School. I'm extremely happy that we had the opportunity to secure this funding. I'm grateful that I could play an important role in budgeting, so we could make sure our students will have a high quality and safe facility in the future.
We were also able to secure...
- $7.7 million for #AD63 parks!
- $15 million for the Southeast Los Angeles Cultural Arts Center.
- $900,000 for the Lynwood Bike Trails and Water Quality Improvement Project.
- $200,000 for the Lakewood Family YMCA Capital Improvements.
- $2 million for the West Santa Ana Branch Bikeway Project.
Apart from these specific #AD63 investments, I'm also really proud of this budget because it will provide tax rebates for millions of Californians, Medi-cal access regardless of immigration status, historic money for education and major investments in housing, infrastructure, and more.
This is a big deal and something for us to really celebrate. I'm so proud to be able to help deliver these funds for our district.