California Assembly Speaker’s Press Office is Seeking Communications Interns
Located in the California State Capitol building, the press office of Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon is seeking interns to help with daily operational tasks and digital media projects.
- Compiling news clips and news roundups for the Speaker and Democratic offices
- Creating media reports pertaining to issue areas or legislation
- Helping with special projects for the Speaker's staff
- Directing phone traffic and press questions
- Assisting with press events
- Creating graphics for the Speaker's office and members of the Democratic Caucus
- Creating social media content and planning social media calendars
- Performing general office tasks (filing, entering data, scanning, photocopying, etc.)
- Currently working towards a bachelor's degree or a recent graduate
- Strong interest in digital media, government, and communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to work in a professional and fast-paced environment
This position is an excellent opportunity for students and recent graduates who are looking for exposure at the State Capitol. Interns work closely with the Speaker's press staff as part of a cohesive unit.
Interviews will be conducted with selected applicants. Position is open until filled.
Speaker Anthony Rendon represents the 63rd Assembly District, which includes the cities and communities of Bell, Cudahy, Hawaiian Gardens, Lakewood, North Long Beach, Lynwood, Maywood, Paramount, and South Gate.