The California Assembly Community College Corps provides opportunities for community college students to explore the vast employment prospects inside the California State Capitol.
- Paid internship with the California State Assembly
- $17.00 per hour
- June 15 – October 13, 2023
- In Person: 1021 O St., Sacramento, CA 95814
- Flexible: Between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., except when agreed upon for special events.
- Minimum of 20 hours – Maximum of 35 hours per week.
- Inquire with your community college.
- Capitol Program Coordinator and designated Supervisor in assigned office.
- Monitor, research and analyze legislation.
- Attend meetings/hearings.
- Help resolve constituent problems and concerns.
- Assist with preparation of speeches, background materials, reports, and special projects, as assigned.
- Attend professional development trainings.
- Weekly check-ins with program coordinator.
- Comply with Assembly policies and rules as outlined in the Personnel Policy Manual.
- Complete other related work as assigned.
Skills/Knowledge Acquired from Program:
- Legislative process.
- Organization and function of the California state government.
- Access to public information and research methods.
- Implications of legislation.
- Concise and clear communication.
- Work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Work with diverse organizations and individuals.
Application Deadline: May 16, 2023
Obtain and submit your application at email below:
Subject: CA Assembly Community College Corps
Interviews will be held: Starting the week of May 22, 2023