AB 530 Creates Working Group
AB 530 requires Secretary of Natural Resources John Laird to appoint, in consultation with the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, a local working group to develop a “revitalization plan” for the Lower Los Angeles River watershed:
- The revitalization plan will address “the unique and diverse needs” of the Lower LA River watershed, which include water quality.
- The revitalization plan will be consistent with and designed to enhance the County’s Master Plan for the entire river.
- The Lower River “watershed” includes the Rio Hondo and Compton Creek.
- The Rivers and Mountains Conservancy will staff the Working Group, and is eligible for State funding from the water bond.
- Deadline for Lower River plan is March 1, 2017, but the Assembly is considering a request to extend the deadline to February 2017.