2020 AD 63 Art Competition
I am proud to announce the second Annual Assembly District 63 Art Competition. I would like to invite all K-12 students who live or attend a school in the 63rd Assembly District to participate and showcase their artistic talent.
All entered artwork will be on display at the SELA Arts Festival at Home on August 1. The virtual festival is part of the community outreach efforts for the AB 530 Lower LA River Revitalization Plan. The winner will be announced at the festival.
To enter competition:
Please submit the Student Information form located below. This form must be filled out and received no later than 5 p.m., Friday, July 10, 2020 and emailed to Alejandra.Zelaya@asm.ca.gov or faxed to (562) 529-3255. It can also be mailed to:
AD 63 Art Contest
4909 Lakewood Blvd., Suite 400
Lakewood, CA 90712
Submit your art in the following ways:
- Email a high definition photo of your art piece (Starting Monday, June 1) to Alejandra.Zelaya@asm.ca.gov; or
- Drop off your art piece by making an appointment. Please call 562-529-3250.
Art Competition Rules:
Artwork submitted in person must not exceed 25 inches or 25 lbs.
- Paintings - including oil, acrylics, and watercolor
- Drawings - including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers (it is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed.)
- Collages - must be two dimensional
- Prints - including lithographs, silkscreen
- Mixed Media - use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer-generated art
All entries must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws. Any entry that has been copied from an existing photo or image (including a painting, graphic, or advertisement) that was created by someone other than the student is a violation of the competition rules and will not be accepted.
For more information, please call (562) 529-3250 or email Alejandra.Zelaya@asm.ca.gov.