2019 AD 63 Art Competition
If you are a high school student that lives or attends a school in the 63rd Assembly District you are invited to enter the first Annual AD 63 Art Competition.
All entered art work will be on display at the South Gate Art Gallery from Friday, May 17 to Tuesday, June 18. The art pieces will then be displayed at the 2nd Annual SELA Arts Festival in the LA River in July. The winner will be announced at a culmination reception.
Contest winners will be showcased in Sacramento at the State Capitol.
The festival is a part of the community outreach efforts for the AB 530 Lower LA River Revitalization Plan.
The year’s theme is “Water Connections.” Artwork entered should express one’s connection to water. For example, “How does the LA River or other bodies of water connect our communities?”
To enter competition:
1) Please submit the Student Information & Release Form located below. This form must be filled out and received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 6, 2019. It can be submitted online (see button below), dropped off, emailed, mailed or faxed to my office at (562) 529-3255.
2) Drop off Art: Friday, April 5 to Monday, May 6 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at my District Office, 4909 Lakewood Blvd Suite 400 Lakewood, CA 90712.
The following is a summary of the Art Competition rules:
Artwork entered in the contest may be up to 26 inches by 26 inches, may be up to 4 inches in depth, and cannot weigh more than 15 pounds.
- Paintings - including oil, acrylics, and watercolor
- Drawings - including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers (it is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed.)
- Collages - must be two dimensional
- Prints - including lithographs, silkscreen, and block prints
- Mixed Media - use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer-generated art
- Sculpture- not to weigh more than 10 pounds.
All entries must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws. Any entry that has been copied from an existing photo or image (including a painting, graphic, or advertisement) that was created by someone other than the student is a violation of the competition rules and will not be accepted. Work entered must be in the original medium (that is, not a scanned reproduction of a painting or drawing).
Students must also complete and submit the City of South Gate Art Gallery Exhibitor Release and Waiver.
If you would like more information on the annual AD 63 Art Competition, please call (562) 529-3250 or email email@example.com.